1. What information does Hummingbird Healthcare collect?
The information Hummingbird Healthcare collects can be described as Personal Information and Non-Personal Information. We collect this information when you provide it to us or when you use our products or services.
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact you, a natural person, as well as any other information about you that we may connect with Personal Information. For example, Personal Information that we collect includes:
- Contact information such as your name, phone number, physical address, resume, email address, username, and password;
- Relationship information such as your preferences or potential interest in Hummingbird Healthcare products and services;
- Transactional information such as purchases, services requested, customer service inquiries, and other customer account information; and
- Identifiable Internet information, such as browser history and usage information, as well as interaction with our websites or advertisements, to the extent such information is kept in a form that can identify you.
“Non-Personal Information,” on the other hand, is information that does not identify you as a natural person and is not identifiable to you a natural person. For example, Non-Personal Information that we collect includes:
- Cookies and other similar tracking technologies used in a non-identifiable way;
- Information we anonymize by rendering it unidentifiable to a natural person;
- Information we aggregate by combining it with other data in such a way that no natural person can be identified or linked to any specific information; and
- The name, form, contact details, transaction history, or financial information of legal persons. By “legal persons,” we refer to business entities other than natural persons, such as corporations, limited liability companies, non-profit organizations, and other business entities distinct from their members.
2. Why does Hummingbird Healthcare collect this information?
Hummingbird Healthcare collects and otherwise Processes Personal Information in identifiable forms for a variety of purposes, depending on the information being Processed. In particular, Hummingbird Healthcare Processes this information to perform under its contractual obligations to you, providing the products and services you have purchased, and Processing information as may be necessary to provide you with the products and services and support you in their use. Hummingbird Healthcare also Processes information given its legitimate interest in improving its products and services, enhancing customer experience, and identifying and marketing certain products and services to you. Finally, Hummingbird Healthcare may Process information as necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
To summarize, Processes Personal Information in identifiable form for the following purposes:
- To fulfill orders for Hummingbird Healthcare products and services;
- To operate, deliver, maintain, or otherwise provide the Hummingbird Healthcare products and services you request;
- To support Hummingbird Healthcare products and service;
- To set up and maintain your customer account and allow you to interact with Hummingbird Healthcare online;
- To provide you with customer service by resolving disputes, addressing complaints, and troubleshooting any technical problems encountered;
- To measure and understand the effectiveness of Hummingbird Healthcare products and services;
- To improve Hummingbird Healthcare products and services;
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations; and
- To communicate offers for products and services, including offers based on your interests and usage of Hummingbird Healthcare Products and Services, administer promotional events, and engage in other marketing activities that may be of interest to you. We will provide you the opportunity to opt-out of marketing information or market research inquiries, but we will still need to gather certain information to provide our products and services to you.
If we collect or Process your information for any other purposes, we will disclose it to you at the time it is collected.
With respect to Non-Personal Information not in identifiable form, because this information does not identify a natural person, Hummingbird Healthcare may use and Process it for any purpose. Hummingbird Healthcare expressly reserves the right to use anonymized or aggregated information to improve or develop its products and services, create and publish reports, conduct statistical analyses about customers and equipment, monitor industry trends, and otherwise engage in activities that do not result in the disclosure of identifiable information.
To be clear, Hummingbird Healthcare is committed to respecting its customer’s privacy and will only Process your Personal Information in identifiable form for the reasons disclosed herein, and then only in the context of your customer relationship with Hummingbird Healthcare. Hummingbird Healthcare will not sell, rent, or lease your Personal Information in identifiable form to others.
3. Will Hummingbird Healthcare share this information with third parties?
To provide certain products and services, Hummingbird Healthcare may share information with third parties who provide services to us, such as the manufacturers, distributors, and operators of hardware and software used in our services.
In the event we share Personal Information with any third party, we will maintain adequate controls and oversight, including contractual obligations where appropriate, to ensure that any third party whom we engage to assist us in processing Personal Information will only have access to the Personal Information necessary for it to perform specific, designated tasks on our behalf, will only use the information for this purpose, and will protect your Personal Information to at least the same extent that we do. Please note, however, that this Policy applies only to information that we process and share with others—it does not apply to Personal Information that you share with others.
Hummingbird Healthcare may share information to comply with our legal obligations, such as to respond to lawful requests and legal processes. In the event we are asked to disclose your Personal Information, we will attempt to validate the request and inform you of it.
Finally, Hummingbird Healthcare may disclose information where needed to affect the sale or transfer of its assets, enforce its rights, protect its property, or protect the rights, property, or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
If Hummingbird Healthcare needs to share your information for a purpose not identified here, we will obtain your consent and disclose this purpose at the time of obtaining your consent. For example, Hummingbird Healthcare may wish to use your information in demonstrations or other marketing materials and will contact you before doing so.
4. How long will Hummingbird Healthcare keep my information?
Hummingbird Healthcare keeps different kinds of information for different lengths of time, depending on the purpose for which it was processed and your specific situation. Thus, Hummingbird Healthcare will retain information as long as necessary to accomplish the relevant purpose, but no longer.
5. How does Hummingbird Healthcare keep my information secure?
Taking into account the nature of the information gathered, Hummingbird Healthcare maintains administrative, technical, and physical controls that are designed to safeguard Personal Information. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of it. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on products and services.
6. What are my choices with respect to my information?
Your first choice is always to limit the information you provide. You may also opt-out of certain marketing information by visiting our website and communicating your choices to us, or by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of marketing emails you might receive.
Regarding cookies and other tracking technologies, you can manage these by adjusting the settings on your browser, commonly referred to as the browser’s “Do Not Track” settings. All browsers are different, so you may need to visit the “help” section of your browser to learn more about cookie preferences and other privacy settings that may be available. You can also manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share location information with Hummingbird Healthcare, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn more. In general, Hummingbird Healthcare will comply with your browser’s “Do Not Track” settings.
Hummingbird Healthcare complies with applicable law regarding your ability to access, correct, and delete your identifiable information. If you have an online account, you may be able to log into your account to access and update certain information provided. For identifiable information that is not linked to an online account, please contact us directly.
Hummingbird Healthcare does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children aged 16 and under. If you are under the age of 16, please do not provide any Personal Information to us. If you believe a child is providing us Personal Information, please contact us directly so we may investigate and delete it.
7. For EU residents:
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), particularly Articles 15 to 21, affords you a number of rights as a data subject. We encourage you to read and learn about those rights on your own, but the following will help you to begin to understand those rights.
- Access: This allows you to request from us information about your personal information, including what data we have and how and why it is being processed.
- Rectification: In the event that some or all of the personal information that we have concerning you is inaccurate, this gives you the right to have those inaccuracies rectified.
- Erasure: In some cases, you may have the right to request that we erase your personal information in our possession.
- Restriction of Processing: This gives you the right, in some circumstances, to have us process your personal information only with your consent.
- Objection to Processing: Where we are processing your personal information on the grounds of its legitimate interests, or to carry out tasks in the public interest or to exercise official authority, you have a right to object to the processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. In cases where you object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, the processing will cease.
- Data Portability: This allows you to request a copy of your personal information that it has on file and to transfer that information to someone else without any interference from us. In some cases, you may be able to request that we transfer your personal information directly to a third party on your behalf.
In addition, to the extent that we process any of your personal information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing that was based on your consent before its withdrawal.
If you are a natural person residing in the EU and at any time you believe we have violated one of your rights listed above, or if you believe we are in violation of one or more of the provisions of the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a Data Protection Authority. More information about the Data Protection Authorities can be found at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/what-are-data-protection-authorities-dpas_en.
8. For California residents:
This notice does not apply to employment-related personal information collected from California-based employees, job applicants, contractors, or similar individuals.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”) affords those who reside in the State of California certain rights as a data subject. If you are a resident of the State of California, we encourage you to read and learn about those rights on your own, but the following will help you to begin to understand them:
- Access: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information.
- Erasure: In some cases, you may have the right to request that we erase your personal information in our possession.
- Data Portability: This allows you to request a copy of your personal information that we may have and transfer that information to someone else without any interference from us. In some cases, you may be able to request that we transfer your personal information directly to a third party on your behalf.
- The CCPA further provides California residents the right to direct us not to sell your personal information. WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
In addition, California’s “Shine the Light” law permits you to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
To make a request regarding any of these rights or to ask questions or provide comments about this Privacy Notice for California Residents, please contact us at the email address provided at the end of this Policy.
It is our policy to post any changes to this Privacy Notice on this page. We may or may not contact you directly concerning significant changes. We encourage you to visit this page periodically and check for changes. To the extent permitted by law, your continued use of our services after a change is deemed to be your consent to any such change.
9. For residents of Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Virginia, and Utah:
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information.
- Access and delete certain personal information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain personal information sales. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the email address provided at the end of this Policy.
10. For international residents:
Hummingbird Healthcare is headquartered in the United States of America. It and its authorized processors may transfer your information to the United States of America and access it from the Unites States of America for the Purposes described in this Policy. Hummingbird Healthcare protects the privacy and security of Personal Information in the manner described in this Policy regardless of where it is collected, stored, accessed, or otherwise Processed.
11. Does this Policy ever change?
Hummingbird Healthcare may post changes to this Policy on this page. Please refer to the “last updated” date above. We may or may not contact your directly concerning significant changes, and therefore we encourage you to visit this page periodically and check. By using Hummingbird Healthcare products and services after a change to this Policy, you are deemed to consent to any changes.
12. How do I contact Hummingbird Healthcare?
For questions about this Policy or to exercise any of the rights or choices we have described in this Policy, please contact People@hummingbird.healthcare